Joined System: 1969
Phone: (501) 569-3000
At a Glance:
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock, located in the state’s capital city, offers a comprehensive academic experience at the baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral levels; innovative research opportunities; a quality faculty educated from around the world; and a rich student life experience with athletics, housing, study abroad, Greek life and service learning.
Student success is the university’s top priority and not just for our 18- to 25-year-olds. From high school students and traditional residential and graduate degree seekers, to mid-life adults and senior citizens, UA Little Rock fulfills one of the state’s greatest needs by educating more college graduates. UA Little Rock’s caring faculty and staff in programs such as the Academic Success Center and the Mentoring Network provide students with extra help to be successful.
The Carnegie Foundation has selected UA Little Rock for the Advancement of Teaching for the Community Engagement classification – one of only two institutions in Arkansas in this category. The university is widely recognized for its involvement in community issues such as race and ethnicity, criminal justice and pre-kindergarten to 12th grade education. UA Little Rock students, faculty and staff are actively involved in service-learning activities around the state through partnerships with the Clinton School of Public Service and the Shepherd Higher Education Consortium on Poverty.
Points of Pride
- UA Little Rock is a public university with more than 11,000 full- and part-time students enrolled in more than 103 programs of study in five colleges, the Graduate School and the William H. Bowen School of Law.
- As a metropolitan university, UA Little Rock has created unlimited pathways for students to find a quality, yet affordable, education. The university awards millions in annual scholarships.
- Coleman Creek runs through the natural tree-lined campus that is undergoing facility growth. The newest building, the 64,000 square-foot Windgate Art and Design Center, elevates and expands art education.
- Other modern facilities include the Engineering and Information Technology building, the West Residence Hall, the Center for Integrated Nanotechnology Sciences, Coleman Sports and Recreation Complex, and Charles W. Donaldson Student Services Center. Additionally, a renovated Nursing Building features a simulation lab for one of the most popular degree programs.
- Students at UA Little Rock get real-world learning through the Signature Experience program which allow students to actively engage with research and community service opportunities. Donor funding makes these experiences possible.
- UA Little Rock’s location at the seat of state government affords unique access to corporate, government and nonprofit opportunities for jobs, internships, research and professional mentoring, and a range of cultural and recreational opportunities. The new UA Little Rock City Center in the River Market District, opening soon, will be a center for lectures, exhibits, and receptions. UA Little Rock Benton Campus provides those who want to pursue a four-year degree, yet remain close to home, that opportunity.
- Most UA Little Rock classes are small with a 14-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio, with students who come from all over Arkansas, as well as other states and foreign countries.